Nanotechnologies is a rapid expanding field of research and businesses. This gives a lot of new opportunities for a more sustainable world. But how do citizens play a role in this wide range of societal needs and desires? How do they perceive and balance benefit and risk?
Together with GoNano you will work in a more resilient and robust way to incorporate different viewpoints from all stakeholders (citizens, industry, policymakers, civil society organisations) involved. We will co-create concrete product suggestions within the areas of food, health and energy, illustrate new opportunities for innovation and develop policy recommendations.
What GoNano will bring you
- identify societal calls for new research as well as access to other forms of knowledge
- providing tools to incorporat societal needs at an early stage of scientific inquiry and increase the societal relevance and fit of research
- awareness of and understanding the perceptions and concerns of other members of the society in this regard
- develop your research considering the future positive and negative impacts of your activity
- express your views and transmit knowledge to other groups, enhancing public and others stakeholders’ confidence in nanotechnologies
- design of an innovation agenda with innovation trajectories
- development of knowledge and training
- bridge function between business and services (healthcare)
- the legitimacy of research funding can be enhanced
What GoNano expects from you
- open mind, willingness to share
- proactive, like to collaboration with other stakeholders
- work together in trust and openness
- time to participate in one or more activities
- interest in the future developments related to (one of) the topics health, energy, food
- willingness to transform citizens visions/ideas into relevant research lines/product suggestions.
How and when you can be involved
- Take part in one or two of the stakeholder co-creation sessions:
Netherlands about health
Spain about energy
Czech Republicabout food
They will take place in the periodJan-Febr 2019 and in Sept-Oct 2019. It will be a one day session.
- From Dec 2018 on the online platform will be open to discuss and exchange ideas, based on the outcome of the citizens co-creation sessions
- Take part in the Winter school in Barcelona (winter 2019)
- Follow our website and Facebook page to read more about the project and to stay up to date
Check out our Facebook pagefor the latest information
Three topic areas and nano